MAINTENANCE-FREE AND ROBUST: INDUSTRIAL COUPLINGS FROM R+W
Durable, reliable and flexible: these characteristics make industrial couplings ideal for all applications that require maximum safety and performance in the face of constant and extreme loads. Engineers and operators across a wide range of industrial sectors are aware that machine component failures and downtime drive up cost and, in the worst cases, can lead to accidents – making proper industrial coupling selection critical.
For reliable transmission in heavy industry, flexible couplings must
- transfer extreme torques with minimum power losses
- operate free of wear even in harsh conditions
- protect adjacent components from excessive stress and risk of damage
R+W combines all these capabilities in impressive, innovative coupling systems for industrial machine construction. In addition to offering a broad portfolio of standard couplings from which to choose, we customize special coupling solutions on a highly frequent basis.
OVERVIEW: R+W INDUSTRIAL COUPLINGS
APPLICATION AREAS R+W INDUSTRIAL COUPLINGS
- Disc pack couplings are known for their high torsional rigidity and operational reliability. They are used, among other places, in steel mills, printing machines, API pump packages, agitators, test benches, fans and generators, offering good misalignment compensation in the lateral, angular and axial directions, and smooth running even over longer distances.
- Elastomer couplings offer absorption of vibration and shock, as well as electrical isolation. These characteristics are valuable in applications across the entire mechanical engineering sector.
- Gear couplings score big with their high torque density, flexibility and robust design. They transmit torques from 1,900 to 2,080,000 Nm with torsional rigidity and low backlash, and are used on the high torque shafts of mixers, rolling mills, test stands, conveyors, presses and a range of other equipment types.
- Metal bellows couplings impress with their extremely smooth operation that includes precise transmission of angle and torque. This makes them suitable for turbines, positioning systems, test stands and any other high torque system with precision motion requirements.
- In the event of an overload, safety couplings provide a rapid disconnect of the driveline at exact pre-set torque limits. Standard versions transmit from 200 to 250,000 Nm. Custom versions can be made for torques in excess of 18,000,000 Nm. Typical applications include rolling mills, crushers and shredders, extruders, ball mills, excavators, sawmill equipment and tunnel boring machines.