ES2 TORQUE LIMITER WITH CLAMPING HUB, PRESS-FIT VERSION FOR DIRECT DRIVES
- two coupling hubs are concentrically machined with curved jaws, one side with an integral torque limiter.
- the torque limiter is available in single position, multi position, load holding or full-disengagement versions.
- Tolerance: Overall clearance between shaft and hub 0.01 to 0.05 mm.
- torque limiter: high strength hardened steel with rust protected surface (oxidized)
- clamping hub D1: up to series 450 high strength aluminum, series 800 and up steel
- clamping hub D2: up to series 60 high strength aluminum, from series 150 and up steel
- elastomer insert: precision molded, wear resistant, and thermally stable polymer
- Properties of Elastomer Coupling model ES2:
- reliable torque overload protection
- short compact design
- backlash free due to patented R+W design
- disengagement within msecs
- large actuatuion path when disengaging
- electrically isolating
- press fit design