LOW-WEAR, ROBUST AND COMPACT: THE FLEXIBLE GEAR COUPLING FROM R+W
The low-wear, flexible gear couplings from R+W are used in a wide variety of industries. Particularly in heavy-duty operation – such as on the high torque shafts of mixers, rolling mills, crushers, test stands and conveyors – gear couplings transmit torques from 1,900 to 2,080,000 Nm with high torsional rigidity and low backlash. To ensure optimal performance, R+W manufactures both the coupling hubs and the flange sleeves with precise crowned gearing, made from high-strength steel.
FUNCTION AND PROPERTIES: GEAR COUPLINGS
- The high tooth contact and high-quality gearing create high torsional rigidity.
- Low restoring forces are imparted while compensating for shaft misalignment.
- The special geometry of the gearing also allows for large offset values during operation – whether they be lateral, angular or axial.
- Secure torque transmission is achieved by precision shoulder bolts with fine threads
GEAR COUPLINGS FROM R+W AT A GLANCE
FROM CONSTRUCTION TO ASSEMBLY: THE NUMEROUS ADVANTAGES OF GEAR COUPLINGS
The gear couplings from R+W bring large torque in a small package. Their high gear mesh ratio and excellent lubrication distribution make them efficient and durable. To increase service life, lubrication can be optimized with a seal made of NBR or Viton. Compared with other types of gear couplings, the R+W series is particularly easy to install thanks to the fine threaded shoulder bolts used for assembly.
SIMPLY DIVERSE: DIFFERENT VARIANTS OF THE FLEXIBLE GEAR COUPLING
The gear couplings from R+W are available in numerous variants:
- As pure gear couplings
- With cylindrical bore for shrink fitting
- With keyway connection or keyway groove
- With internal gearing
- In connection with safety couplings
The designs are also available with an optional additional brake disc or extended hubs. For better corrosion protection of the components, R+W couplings can be burnished or oxidised.